Table of content
Article 1 – Collected personal data
Article 2 – Purposes of the processing of data
Article 3 – How we share your personal data with third parties
Article 4 – Duration of the processing
Article 5 – Your rights
Article 6 – How we secure your personal data
Article 7 – Cookies
Article 1 Collected personal data
- The Acquired processes your Personal Data in the context of its activities. This concerns:
- Customer and communication data - When you use the functionalities of our website or place an order, we may collect the following customer data about you:
- Category 2, when you register or fill in one of the forms on our Website: your surname and first name, possibly the name of your company and VAT number, address details, your email and any other details you give us in the free input field;
- Category 3, when calling or emailing us: your email address and/or telephone number, as well as any other data that you provide yourself;
- Category 4, when subscribing to our newsletter: your email address;
- Category 5, when placing an order: your name and first name, possibly the name of your company and VAT number, address details and your email.
- Supplier data - If you are a (potential) supplier, we will process the following personal data about you: your surname, first name, address, e-mail address, telephone details, the name of your company and VAT number, bank account number, and any other data that you provide to us.;
Article 2 Purposes of the processing of data
- General purposes:
We will use your personal data exclusively for:
- Cookies (category 1) - to maintain and improve our website and to include personal data in statistics, on the legal basis of your explicit, prior consent;
- Customer data - to manage your account on our website and for the delivery and invoicing of products or services ordered by you, based on the necessity to perform a contract that you have requested or because we have a legitimate interest in doing so;
- Supplier data - to send you an invitation to tender, place an order, pay your invoices and communicate with you, on the legal basis of the necessity to perform a contract;
- Communication data - in order to be able to answer your question or request, on the legal basis of your explicit, prior consent online and our legitimate interest in contacting you by telephone;
- Direct marketing:
We also use your personal data for direct marketing, newsletters, offers and promotions, on the legal basis of our legitimate interest with regard to existing customers or people interested in our services, or your explicit, prior consent in all other cases.
If you no longer wish to receive such communications and wish us to stop processing your personal data for our direct marketing purposes, this can be done at no cost and without you having to give a reason, by clicking on the link in each of our direct mailings or by contacting us directly by e-mail or telephone.
Article 3 How we share your personal data with third parties
We do not disclose your Personal Data to third parties, except with your prior consent.
- In certain circumstances, we may share your personal data with third parties:
- public authorities, courts and police forces on the basis of a court order or in order to comply with other mandatory laws or regulations,,
- financial institutions,
- insurance institutions
- If we ever cease our activities or transfer them to someone else, for example because we go bankrupt or sell our business, this could mean that your personal data will be transferred to third parties who will take over all or part of our business. In that case, we will always inform you in advance to the best of our ability, but you acknowledge that this may not be technically or commercially feasible under all circumstances.
Article 4 Duration of the processing
We will retain your personal data for as long as this is necessary in accordance with the purposes of processing and legal provisions.
Article 5 Your rights
You have the right to access your personal data and the ways in which we use them at any time, free of charge. You have the right to request us to correct, supplement or remove your personal data. In a number of cases listed in the GDPR, you may also ask us to limit the processing of your personal data. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data if you have serious and legitimate reasons that exceed our need to process your data. You also have the right to object at any time to the use of personal data for direct marketing purposes, even without having to give a reason. You have the right to request your personal data in digital and readable form and/or to have them transferred to another service provider of your choice. Insofar as our processing is based on your prior consent, you have the right to revoke that consent at any time.
You can exercise your rights by e-mail to email@example.com
You have the right to file a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority:
Tel : +32 (0)2 274 48 00
If necessary, you can also file a claim for damages before the civil court.
Article 6 How we secure your personal data
We have taken the appropriate technical and organisational security measures to ensure the safety of your personal data like SSL certificates and back-end access management.
Under no circumstances can The Acquired be held liable for any direct or indirect damage resulting from incorrect or illegal use of the personal data by a third party.
Article 7 Cookies
We will give you as much information as possible about cookies placed by third parties. However, if you would like to know more, please consult the privacy statements of these parties on their respective websites. Please note that we have no influence on the content of those statements, nor on the content of the cookies of these third parties.
On your first visit to our website, you will be asked to accept our cookies. You can manage your choices at any time afterwards.
If you have any further questions or comments regarding the processing of your Personal Data, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about cookies can also be found at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
More information about online behavioural advertising and online privacy can be found here: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/.